Replacement Checks

If you sign up for direct deposit and subsequently close or change your bank account, make sure you update your direct deposit/bank information on myNMSU. Failure to update this information will delay your refund by, at a minimum, five (5) business days.

If you acquire a refund check from University Accounts Receivable and subsequently lose, mutilate or destroy the check, University Accounts Receivable will require you to sign an Affidavit and have it notarized upon a request for a replacement check. A stop payment has to be done on the original check, which is a 24 hour process at the bank. Once a signed and notarized Affidavit is returned to the University Accounts Receivable, please expect a minimum of five (5) days to process a replacement check.

Students should follow these steps to request a replacement check.

  1. Complete the replacement check Affidavit.
  2. Sign and have form notarized.
  3. Email, fax, mail, or drop off the form at the University Accounts Receivable office.

The process takes a minimum of five (5) days for a replacement check.

Need help? Follow these simple instructions to request a replacement check.