Replacement Checks

If you sign up for direct deposit and subsequently close or change your bank account, make sure you update your direct deposit/bank information on myNMSU. Failure to update this information will delay your refund by, at a minimum, five (5) business days.

If you acquire a refund check from University Accounts Receivable and subsequently lose, mutilate or destroy the check, University Accounts Receivable will require you to sign an Affidavit and have it notarized upon a request for a replacement check. A stop payment has to be done on the original check, which is a 24 hour process at the bank. Once a signed and notarized Affidavit is returned to the University Accounts Receivable, please expect a minimum of five (5) days to process a replacement check.

Students should follow these steps to request a replacement check.

  1. Complete the replacement check Affidavit.
  2. Sign and have form notarized.
  3. Deliver the form to the University Accounts Receivable office.

The process takes a minimum of five (5) days for a replacement check.

 Print these directions with screenshots included. (PDF format)