1. Account Summary
This section will give you basic information regarding the student account at the time the statement was produced and includes:
- Statement Date – This is the date the statement was produced. Any information added or changed after the statement is produced will not be reflected until the next billing statement. However, students can view the activity on their account in real time when logged into their myNMSU by selecting “Student Account”. Here you can view your account summary by term, account detail by term, and your statement and payment history.
- Aggie ID – This number is a unique identifier for student records.
- Prior Term Balance – Reflects any remaining unpaid balances due for prior terms.
- Current Term Balance – Net of Charges and Payments for the current term.
- Future Balance – Indicates the balance not yet due for future charges due. Future charges may include future terms a student may be enrolled for. This amount is not reflected in the Amount Due.
- Amount Due – Indicates the current amount due on the account, any prior term balances, plus current term charges, less current term payments and financial aid.
This notes the current semester reflected on the billing statement.
3. Current Term Charges
This section reflects the charges associated for the current term. The charge associated with an item will be a net amount. For example if there is an adjustment applied to Tuition, the amount shown on the statement will be the resulting net of the original charge and the adjustment. All like charges and their adjustments will be combined when printed on the statement.
4. Credits/Anticipated Credits
Credits: This section reflects any payments, scholarships, grants, loans, and any other outside awards received. These items will be used to reduce the amount charged to the student account in the current term.
Anticipated Credits: Total Estimated Financial Aid Pending – This is the total of financial aid that has been awarded by Financial Aid (to include all Scholarships, Grants, and/or Loans) but has not yet been received. These items may be used to reduce the amount charged to the student account in the current term.
5. Billing Statement Notifications
This section will display any important notifications about the billing statement and/or the student account.
6. Statement Stub
This stub should be removed and submitted with your payment (unless you are paying electronically). Items noted on this stub are:
- Payment Address – This is the address you should send your payment to if you are mailing your payment.
- Due Date – Date which payment is required
- Amount Due – Indicates the current amount due on the account, any prior term balances, plus current term charges, less current term payments and financial aid. This amount should be considered when following a payment plan schedule.
- Amount Enclosed – You should write in the amount of the payment you are submitting. Please provide explanation of the amount you are paying if it is different than the amount due.
- Student Name and Aggie ID – identifies the account the payment should be applied to.