Terms and Conditions of Processing a Course Registration
By enrolling in classes at New Mexico State University (NMSU), a student makes a financial commitment to pay the tuition and fee charges associated with that enrollment. The enrollment action constitutes a financial obligation between the student and NMSU and that all proceeds of this agreement will be used for educational purposes and constitute an educational loan pursuant to 11 U.S.C.”523(a) (8).
Students withdrawing after the stated refund dates remain liable for full tuition and fee charges. Collection costs incurred in the event of delinquency shall be at the expense of the student. Although the University accepts payment via student financial aid and third party sponsorship, the responsibility for payment remains with the student. If financial aid is not granted or if third party sponsors do not pay within a reasonable period, the student will be required to pay the full amount due.
The following terms and conditions are financial requirements of each student’s education related to their registration for a term at New Mexico State University. The payment of tuition and fees is the obligation of the student.
By processing a course registration either via the Web or by submitting a course request card to an academic student registration area, a student acknowledges they have read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Registration constitutes a financial agreement between you (“Student”) and New Mexico State University (“NMSU”). Tuition, fees and other charges you incur, including but not limited to housing, meal plans, and bookstore charges (“Charges”), shall be added to your student account and are considered a Loan for educational benefit.
- Once you formally register for classes, you assume the responsibility for understanding New Mexico State University’s official policies concerning schedule changes, satisfactory academic progress and the financial policies of the University as described in the “New Mexico State University Undergraduate Catalog” or “New Mexico State University Graduate Catalog” for the term of enrollment.
- Additional penalty charges may be assessed for failure to make payments when due.
- Term charges can be paid in full or paid by using a payment plan.
- NMSU reserves the right to cancel registration of any student who fails to pay, when due, any indebtedness to the institution.
- In the event that you become delinquent in paying Charges or default in repaying Charges you will be liable for collection fees and any other costs incurred by New Mexico State to collect any monies due from you.
- If NMSU prevails in a lawsuit to collect on this financial obligation, Student will pay NMSU’s court costs, collection agency costs, and attorneys fees in an amount the court finds to be reasonable.
- It is your responsibility to check your myNMSU email daily and to maintain a current postal address to ensure receipt of all NMSU correspondence.
- It is your responsibility to keep track of your account balance and any funding sources.
- Academic credits, transcripts, and diplomas will be withheld until all financial obligations are paid.
- Students are prohibited from registering for a term until all previous debts due to the University are paid in full.