Please click here for tuition rates and course specific fees.
Tuition is approved by the NMSU Board of Regents annually in April for the next academic year. Approved rates become effective the following Summer, Fall and Spring.
Rates described as “Tuition” at New Mexico State University are comprised of both tuition and required student fees. Required student fees support facilities and services provided to students and are reviewed annually by the Student Fee Review Board, which is made up of student, faculty and staff representatives, and approved annually by the NMSU Board of Regents. Programs supported by required student fees include areas such as Peer Counseling, campus tutoring, information technology, campus transit and other ASNMSU sponsored activities as well as the operations of student related functions. Payment of these fees by full-time students allows use of facilities or attendance at events at a free or reduced cost.
NOTE: Some scholarship programs such as the New Mexico Lottery cover the tuition portion of that rate only.
General Tuition and Fee Assessment Information
- Tuition is assessed at each campus site independently.
- Undergraduate tuition is assessed to undergraduate degree seeking.
- Graduate tuition is assessed to students classified as Graduate, Post-Baccalaureate, and Non-degree.
Summer term assessment –
- Tuition is assessed on a per credit basis, up to 8 credits.
- Students enrolled in 9 to 12 credits are assessed at a plateau rate of 9 credits (Full-time student).
- Students enrolled in more than 12 credits are assessed on a per credit basis for each credit enrolled that exceeds 12 credits.
- Tuition is assessed at the Resident Tuition Rate for all enrolled students.
Fall and Spring term assessment –
- Tuition is assessed on a per credit basis, up to 11 credits.
- Students enrolled in 12 to 18 credits are assessed at a plateau rate of 12 credits (Full-time student).
- Students enrolled in more than 18 credits are assessed a per credit basis for each credit enrolled that exceeds 18 credits.
- Non-resident students enrolling in 6 or less credits attend at Resident Tuition Rates. Non-resident students enrolled in more than 6 credits are assessed non-resident tuition rates for all enrolled credits.
Additional fees may apply depending on classification, number of credits enrolled, specific course delivery methods and other course specific requirements. It is recommended that students review their Class Schedule and Statement of Account immediately following registration for a full detail of all tuition and fees assessed.