INTRODUCING PROXY ACCESS
Beginning in the Summer 2014, NMSU is pleased to announce new functionality on myNMSU called Proxy Access. Proxy Access is a way to share your academic record and/or payroll information with other parties (i.e. parents, spouse, etc.).
Students and employees can grant online access to authorized individuals, known as proxies, through their myNMSU. Proxies will then receive email instructions on how to access a separate, secure online portal. The portal does require a log-in to view the information pages to which the individual has granted them access. See below for more information on how to set up a proxy.
Steps in Setting Up a Proxy:
You, the student and/or employee, can authorize any relative or non-relative as a proxy to view portions of your academic record and/or payroll record as long as that individual has a valid email address. Here’s how:
- Log into myNMSU with NMSU User Name and Password.
- Click on Banner Self Service (located under Quick Links)
- Click the Proxy Access Tab and read the instructions.
- Click on Add Proxy.
- Read the Authorization for Information Release and Online Account Access.
- Click the box to accept the waiver.
Note: If the waiver is not accepted a proxy cannot be added.
- Click on Click here to add proxy.
- Read the instructions and type in the required information including a valid email address for the proxy. This is not your email address. This email address will allow the proxy to receive communications necessary to finalize the setup of their account access.
- Once you have entered the required information, click on Add Proxy again.
- Continue the process by expanding the Proxy.
- Read the instructions on the Profile tab.
- Complete the required fields:
Relationship – required: select myNMSU PROXY from the dropdown menu
Description – optional: enter a personal note about the proxy (wife, father, etc.)
Start Date – defaults to today’s date
Stop Date – defaults to 5 years out
Note: Start/Stop Dates allow you the ability to control the duration your proxy is able to view your information. The Stop Date can be as far into the future as you would like it to be, however, access is deactivated when you are no longer with NMSU.
- Go to the Authorization tab and read the instructions. Select the check boxes next to the information you wish for your proxy to be able to view. If you check the top box, all boxes will be checked for you. However, you can also individually select them if you do not wish for all information to be viewed by the proxy. Be sure to click the email authorizations link if you want to email the authorizations you have granted to your proxy.
- You have now completed the set up for your proxy to have view access!
PLEASE NOTE: While you are completing the above steps, your proxy will be receiving emails instructing them on their next steps to finalize their access. Thus, it is important that you complete all steps in sequence at one time to ensure your proxy doesn’t experience any issues with finalizing their access.